Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day by day of making a baby

The steps to make a baby

Most of you are aware that Michael and I are trying to get pregnant. The first month we tried I thought I would be pregnant quick but that was not in my cards. So now I have become an expert of the days of my cycle.
Day1- 1st day of my period. I am usually crying and devastated that I am not pregnant. The thoughts of me not getting pregnant in the future linger.
Day 2- have to move past the worries and focus on moving forward.
Day 3-7 taking Clomiphene-fertlility med. The side effects are miserable-hot flashes, head aches, irritability, night sweats and depression. I can say I have had them all. My poor hubbie and any hubbie that sticks by their wife during this process. Yesterday, I started crying over something so stupid but I could not even explain why it upset me so much. Believe me even retail therapy does not help, especially if you are buying clothes. The meds make your boobs huge and you are bloated and can gain weight so if my size does not fit like it once did I am devastated and feel unattartive.
Day 10- start testing my urine for a surge of hormones.
Day 12-call my guyno and schedule for a folic check. This is my favorite part, I get to see my ovaries and see how big and ready they are.
**The next few days, I am ready physically ready to make a baby. I just wait to see if it happens.**
The next few weeks I wait and hope.
Day 26-28, I practically cross my legs in hope that this well prevent my period from coming. I even avoid the bathroom because I do not want to deal with sight of it not being pregnant.

I know this will all be worth it. I am more appreciative of the miracle of life. I know whether we get pregnant or not I am very blessed. I have a wonderful hubbie and amazing step kids that I love dearly. I pray and hope for this blessing but if not I will be ok.

4 comments:

Shannon Allen said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you!! Love ya.

The Rice's said...

You are so strong and amazing for even attempting to do this process. I hope it all turns out the way you want it to. And I am always here to listen to any and all stories, good or bad. ;)

Derek & Heidi said...

Oh Angi, I am right there with you. Hang in there. Trust me when I say I know how much this hurts. It is an unbelievably hard trial and I still don't understand why good couples must go through it. Please feel free to chat with me anytime you need, we can cry together! I go in next week for an HSG and am nervous as can be. I will keep you both in my prayers, I would love for you to have the baby you so deserve!

Marshall Family said...

I really admire your faith in this process. I hope it happens soon for you and Michael. You are such a good mom to your kids... and it is such a miracle to go through the process of pregnancy and birth. You will SO appreciate that little one once they are here... I just savor every moment with Addison and still am trying to take in the reality that she is here and is mine. I love you Ang! I am always here to listen as well! I may not understand the trial you are having, but I can sure listen. :)